Dental Hygiene Virtual Welcome
Faculty and administration welcomed dental hygiene students to a new semester during a virtual orientation session on Thursday, August 20.
Below is an outline with resources from the update.
Faculty and Administration
Students heard from
- Amy Funk, Department of Dental Hygiene Director
- Dr. Foti Panagakos, Interim Dean for the School of Dentistry
- Dr. Christina DeBiase, Associate Dean for Academic and Post Graduate Affairs
- Tammy Chipps, Interim Associate Dean for Clinical Affairs
- Faculty and Staff - Department of Dental Hygiene
The path ahead may be challenging, but together, we will transform our campuses and forge new ways of delivering the West Virginia University experience — helping each other and our community.
Check your schedule. Determine if your classes are synchronous/asynchronous. Identify where your in-person classes meet along with the date and time. Plan for transportation to arrive on time.
- Priority registration – DH registers first with professional students
- Appointments will be virtual in the end of September/beginning of October
- Do not make changes to your schedule without contacting the dental hygiene office.
- Last day to add/make changes – Tuesday, September 1
- Last day to drop – Friday, November 20
- Classes will be held Monday/Tuesday of Thanksgiving (Nov. 23, 24)
Students will not return to campus after Thanksgiving
All DH laboratory courses will be completed
- Final Exams – Monday, December 7 – Friday, December 11
Our policies are available at Dental Hygiene Student Resources webpage. They could be updated throughout the year.